Sign-up to View Your Daily Usage
Water Education Internship Program
The purpose of this program is to extend community outreach to Valencia Heights Water Company (VHWC) stockholders with the focus of increasing community awareness and participation in the water Company and industry. The Water Education Internship Program is developed for incoming Junior and Senior high school students living in the VHWC’s service area with the goal of providing students exposure to the water industry as career objectives.
The objective of the program is to expose high school students to the domestic, recycling, and waste water industry.
Water Education Class
In order to be considered, students will submit a job application to the General Manager. The selected students will attend a short class (no more than 4 hours). The subject matter will consist of the following:
- Introduction to the Water Industry
- VHWC history and operations
- Career and education requirements
- Elements of Water Distribution, Treatment and Administration
Summer Hire Program
The selected student(s) will work at the office located in West Covina and in the field. The paid internship period could be for up to six weeks. The following
- Students will be required to attend a board meeting with their parent(s), (third Wednesday of the month).
- Students will work with the field staff and perform various jobs throughout VHWC’s service area. They will be taken to the organization’s operational facilities, reservoirs, pump stations and the maintenance shop. They will learn the basic knowledge of the water system.
- Students will work in the office with the VHWC’s office staff and perform various tasks. Students will learn the basic knowledge of the monthly billing process.
- Students will work no more than 6 hours per day/4 days a week and no overtime, weekend or holiday days.
Please click the link provided below for an application. Please email your completed application to email@example.com or fax to 626-332-9441.
Submit Your Application
In Person or by Mail
Attn: Personnel Department
3009 East Virginia Avenue
West Covina, California 91791-2252
Holiday Observance Office Closures